Register for a Library Card
Clicking submit and signing your library card indicates your agreement to abide by, and accept responsibility for the terms and conditions of membership with the Ajax Public Library, and or the memberships of all Child, Youth, or Institutional cards you have signed. The Ajax Public Library reserves the right to revoke library memberships at any time. Specifically, you agree and understand that:
- You must provide proof of identification and current address when applying for a Library card.
- You must provide your Library card, Driver’s License, or Ontario Photo Card in order to borrow Library materials.
- You must contact the Library regarding any changes of contact information.
- You must report loss or theft of a Library card promptly.
- You are responsible for the material borrowed on your library card and any overdue, lost, or damaged charges that may be applied.
- You must present your Library card and pay all outstanding charges when your Library card is renewed. (Membership cards are renewed every two years).
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for charges applied on items that are lost or damaged on youth (16/17) and children’s (15 and under) memberships.
- Reminder notifications are a courtesy provided by the Ajax Public Library, but not to be considered a replacement for keeping track of your borrowing.
- Long overdue accounts with unpaid fines/fees of $100 or more are forwarded to a collection reporting agency